CROSSOVER BUSINESS LABS
Date: 25 February 2010 to 26 February 2010
Venue: Aspire, 2 Infirmary Street, Leeds, LS1 2JP
Crossover Business Labs
Following the successful Crossover Summit in November 2009 and our recent seminar series across the North of England, Crossover is now inviting people interested in participating in our pilot Business Lab to apply for places.
There are three core objectives of the pilot programme:
- to assist creative companies located in the North of England acquire the skills, capabilities and assets required to do business effectively and to achieve growth in the converging digital marketplace;
- to share understanding of the characteristics and challenges of the emerging media market, the challenges to and opportunities for growth;
- to foster collaboration between companies within and across the regions.
Who is the Crossover Business Lab for?
The Crossover Business Labs are designed for small to medium sized creative businesses based in the North of England. They are particularly suitable for companies operating in the audio-visual industries (operating in the film, tv, web, mobile, games and animation sectors) seriously interested in corporate growth by exploring new business models, extending beyond their current markets and developing new partnerships and collaborations
What will it involve?
Topics covered in the Business Lab will include:
- New business models: the pace of change and disruption in the media industries suggests that only the agile will flourish. How does a company break into new markets and generate revenue from new sources?
- Frameworks for collaboration: Relationship modeling a framework for understanding your business and its place in cross platform working: developing ideas, making them happen, structuring relationships with partners.
- Strategic Planning: How might our business approach cross platform work and where are the gaps. How does an enterprise develop a structure which will allow for growth in new markets?
- Getting outside help: how do you find the right people to act as ‘jungle guides' in new markets and to provide appropriate financial, legal, management advice?
- Access to finance: sources of investment for corporate as well as project development
The Lab will comprise a blend of presentation, workshop activity and round table discussion. There will also be some opportunity for one-to-one consultation with visiting experts.
Who will be leading the Lab?
Mentors and speakers on the Business Lab will include expert facilitators from the Crossover team and leading professionals: people who have built successful creative enterprises, specialist lawyers and accountants, representatives of trade bodies.
What will it cost?
There is no cost for participation in the Business Lab apart from travel and accommodation, if required.
Where will it be?
2 Infirmary Street,
Who should apply?
The Crossover Business Lab is designed for owner/directors of companies working in the audio-visual and entertainment sectors in the North East, the North West and in Yorkshire.
Applications are now closed